Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fair Weather

Every now and then, I skim through comments on various columns and articles about the Twins. I was somewhat surprised to see relatively few people complaining about the fair weather fans. Being a fan does not mean wearing blinders and insisting that you're team is really good. This team is terrible. That does not mean I do not want to see the Twins win. But I don't want to see them win the way they're playing right now. Instead, I need to see an attitude change. This team should be out to prove that they can win a playoff series. In the back of their minds, I think that's their mission, but they don't seem to think they can do much about that right now. They have taken the "one game at a time" philosophy in the wrong direction. To them, it means if we lose tonight, it's only one game. Instead, every night is a chance to prove that they can win a playoff series. They should play tonight as though they are down two games on the Yankees in the Division Series. Then again, maybe that's a bad idea. History says that means they would lose. But they are battling their tails off out there, pressing, and really getting after it.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with the attitude change. And I wouldn't say the team is terrible, just that they are playing terrible. They need as spark. Personally, I'd like to see a veteran called to the team, one who has something to prove, an outfielder who would be over the moon excited to play, and who Twins fans would be excited to see... worth a shot?

    ReplyDelete