Thursday, September 24, 2009

Eighty Two

It's over. The Tigers won their 82 game clinching a winning record for the American League Central Division champion. The Indians ruined it by completely collapsing instead of starting to play great baseball long after it stopped mattering. Speaking of that, now that attention in Minnesota has turned to #4 the Twins have played pretty well lately. The players' comments following the 2-1 series win over the Tigers sounded generally disappointed. What a contrast from all the times they'd pat themselves on the back for winning 1 of 6. Meanwhile, as I predicted, Punto continues to tear it up in all of the meaningless games assuring Twins fans another 500 at bats in the 2010 campaign.

I suppose I ought to name my All Metrodome third baseman. Much to my surprise, I am not bestowing the honor collectively to Tony Batista, Jeff Cirillo, Mike Lamb and anybody else to man the hot-corner since Koskie. The surly Canadian tempts me, I'll never forget Ron Coomer representing the Twins in the all-star game, Dave Hollins had a nice visit, and the Twins won a World Series platooning Scott Leius and Mike Pagliarulo. I'm not even old enough to remember Gary Gaetti, but I know he's the only choice. Now that I've made all of the easy picks, I'll have to settle on three outfielders. (The pitcher takes even less thought). I hope to post those before I talk myself into Pedro Munoz. (Make sure you pronounce that "Moo-Nose" like T.K. did back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment