Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Birthday

I could not let the day go by without wishing Delmon Young a happy 24th birthday. Honestly, I'm not really sure what the Twins did this weekend. But I'm fairly certain they still think they have a chance at the playoffs.

Before I talk myself back into Todd Walker, I'm naming Chuck Knoblauch as my All Metrodome second baseman. He was a big part of the world championship and the players received in the trade (Milton, Guzman, and Buchanan) helped to rebuild the franchise a decade later. He took forever to adjust his batting gloves in several campaigns that earned him MVP consideration. I always liked his shaggy appearance as well. I'm still disappointed that the Twins didn't give him another shot after the Royals disappointing attempt to revive his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment